New math teacher transfers from Dulaney

Anna Knepley, Co Editor-In-Chief

As a full-time teacher, mom of four kids, and doctorate student, Brocha Siff is constantly doing something. When she is not busy preparing lesson plans or running after her children, Mrs. Siff enjoys reading, doing arts and crafts, and talking to her nine siblings.

Mrs. Siff has taught high school math for 19 years. Currently she teaches Geometry and Algebra Topics, but she has taught almost every single math course offered at the high school level. After attending Temple University for her undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Secondary Education and Towson University for her graduate degree in Math Education, Mrs. Siff received her National Board for Secondary Mathematics Certification. She is working on her doctorate degree in Instructional Technology.

Helping students is what Mrs. Siff loves most about being a teacher.

“My favorite part of teaching is when students really begin to understand and are successful… [As teachers] we don’t teach subjects, we teach people,” Siff says. “I happen to teach math but I’m a person first. I think learning is important, math is just the subject I am teaching.”

Before joining the Hereford staff, Mrs. Siff taught at Dulaney High School and at Phoenixville Area High School. She is excited to get to know the students and culture at HHS this year and have her students be successful. Mrs. Siff says that Hereford is a very warm and welcoming place, and she is looking forward to teaching in person this year. She is prepared to help everyone, students and staff, make the transition from online back to regular school.