Hereford trashed by hooligans

Henry Hottenstein, Reporter

Students taking AP exams after May 10th found out that they would not be receiving free snacks at their exams. A few students were taking far too many snacks and one student took it upon himself to take the entire box of food. A small group of people had ruined everything yet again. 

This isn’t an isolated incident. Throughout the school year so many things have been ruined by one or just a few people. The bathrooms are locked due to vandalism and theft. The cafeteria lunch line is out the door due to increased security measures. Outdoor seating at lunch is in jeopardy due to kids climbing the trees. The elevators have been broken by students jumping in them.  Trash is everywhere.  

It’s time to stop the nonsense! No more vandalism! No more littering! The mere fact that we have issues with things as basic as bathrooms and lunch lines is ridiculous. There is no reason for any of this.  

Toilets do not have to be stolen. Poop should not be thrown; we are not monkeys. Hate symbols should not be written on the walls. Take only one lunch a day. Don’t climb on the trees. Don’t jump on the elevators and don’t leave trash everywhere. It’s pretty simple. 

Think of the janitors who have to work extra hard reinstalling toilets and cleaning poop off the walls. Think of the lunch ladies who do their best to make enough food for everyone. These are some of the hardest working people in the school and they don’t deserve this. 

Think of students who couldn’t get to their classes because the elevator was broken. Some students need elevators, and they deserve to have working ones. Think of $800 worth of snacks that got devoured or stolen within only a few days.  

Students, teachers, and staff are frustrated with constantly having to manage their expectations and sit by as things get destroyed.   

It’s up to the whole Hereford community to discourage this behavior. We must call these people out when we see them doing these things. We all have to set an example so that students learn how to behave now that they are high schoolers.