The student news site of Hereford High School

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

October 8-12 Girls

Girls Golf

The girls golf team came out victorious on the auburn shores of the Chesapeake Bay at Rocky Point Golf Club.  The team was led with solid rounds by Jess Gardner and Meta Mooney.  Also contributing to the victory were Maddie Huffman, Emily Larkin, and Alexis Schmelzer.  Remember golfers, when life drops you into a bunker, hack out and play on.

Field Hockey

The varsity field hockey team rolled to another big victory yesterday over Eastern Tech 8-0.  MaryClaire Abbott scored 3 goals and had 2 assists.  Brooke Raines also tallied 2 goals while Catherine Beazley, Maddie Hoover, and Lacey Aghazarian tallied one goal each.  The sensational defense recorded their 6th shutout of the season improving the team’s overall record to 9-0. 

JV Volleyball

Your JV volleyball team defeated the Sparrows Point Pointers in a 2 to nothing match.  Offensive hitting was led by Maddie Turner, Korbyn Gehlback, and Juli Davis.  The bulls serving was extremely effective; with serving runs by Cameron Bibaud, Mattie Prematta, and Maddie Westwater.  The defense was led by Taylor Anne Jones and Caprice Roche.  The team remains undefeated and continues on their quest to the county championship.

JV Field Hockey

Wednesday night your girls JV Hockey team defeated Eastern Tech with a score of 8-0.  Goals were scored by Ashley Treadwell, Grace Pharr, Samantha Mellecker, Rachel Karwacki, and Olivia Majedi.  The defense was lead by Sophie Seaman, Hollis King, Emily Charitonuk, Alicia Moreira, and Sabrina Lee.  The girls next game is Friday at Dulaney.