Epstein Eats Episode Two: Taco Time!

BCPS’ taco beef with Tostitos Rounds is a 386 calorie dish. Students lined up in great anticipation for the item.

Jake Epstein, Content Editor

Full video review on Instagram @hharbinger

On March 4, the cafeteria served up taco meat and Tostitos. Even for those arriving at the start of their lunch period, the lines appeared to be a standstill, as many wanted to get a taste of taco time. Upon first glance, the dish didn’t look all that appealing, consisting of a meager helping of beef topped with cheese alongside a bag of tortilla chips.

Following the initial challenge of figuring out how to tackle the dish, it was time to dive in. The salty crunch of the bagged chips proved a solid counterpart to the meat serving. The meat, while lacking in much spice (to be expected from cafeteria food that must meet the dietary needs of thousands of students), was surprisingly filling.

All things considered, this dish was not a taco; however, it was a serviceable take on nachos. The meal earns a five-point-three out of 10 on the Epstein Eats Cafeteria Food Scale. It’s surprisingly appetizing, yet one would choose some of the cafeteria’s other options over this in a heartbeat.

Stay tuned for next week’s edition of Epstein Eats, where the viewers will once again decide what is consumed. Use the following link to vote on your selection: https://forms.gle/Ax8bopoqWPoKEDRRA