Boys’ soccer celebrates seniors on a special night

Logan+Sinsebox+%2822%29+and+Grayson+Hammann+%2822%29+celebrate+after+a+goal+scored+by+Sinsebox+in+the+second+half.+

Sophie Shive

Logan Sinsebox (’22) and Grayson Hammann (’22) celebrate after a goal scored by Sinsebox in the second half.

Matt Campbell, Reporter

The Hereford Boys’ soccer team had their senior night on Thursday, Oct. 21st, when they hosted Century High School. A tough game was expected ahead of time and there was no shortage of competition. 

The game was a back and forth nail-biter, eventually ending in a 4-4 tie after two overtimes. 

Fittingly, the team’s seniors made their presence known throughout the game. Grayson Hammann (’22) started the game off with an impressive goal and added an assist later on. Collin Lee (’22) also scored and got the Bulls back in the game after being down 3-1. 

By far the most entertaining part of the night was when Logan Sinsebox (’22) scored to tie the game at 4-4 in the second half. Sinsebox, who has been a varsity goalie for three years, was eager to get minutes in the field in his last regular season game. On Tuesday, he played the first half in goal but went in at striker in the second. Within minutes, Sinsebox scored and the stadium erupted. 

“It was surreal, I haven’t played in the field since freshman year and it was only fitting for it to be on senior night,” Sinsebox said. “Scoring was awesome and hearing the crowd cheer for you is the best.” 

The boys celebrated the great night afterwards with their families and friends and hope to make their mark in the playoffs next week. 

A group of seniors pose for a picture after the game. (Sophie Shive)