Brynne DeLuzio utilizes her low post skills to help lead the Lady Bulls

Sydney Watts, Reporter

Starting her fourth season on the Varsity Women’s Basketball team, senior Brynne DeLuzio (’19) has used her height to her advantage in grabbing rebounds and getting steals.
She finished the season last year with a total of 68 rebounds and 31 steals, making her one of the top performers on the team.
“She is a versatile player that can play anywhere on the court,” teammate Maggie Elliott (’21) said.
Still undecided on a college, she has plans to continue her basketball career at the school she attends.
DeLuzio’s passion for the game is contagious amongst her teammates. “I look up to her athletic basketball ability,” Rachel Saunders (’19) said. Saunders is “really amazed and inspired” by her athleticism and ball handling.
Making the varsity team as a freshman has allowed DeLuzio to gain more knowledge of the game. Last year, she helped the team end the season with a final record of 17-3.
Varsity Basketball Coach Ellen Fitzkee describes DeLuzio as a gifted athlete. “As a freshman, [she] had raw talent, strength, a great attitude, and a basketball physique,” Fitzkee said.
“She is always a team player,” Elliott said. “It not always about her; she likes to share the ball with everyone.”
Before games, DeLuzio can be found listening to music while munching on a light snack like fruit or a granola bar. She motivates her team with her excitement and enthusiasm in the locker room.
Reese Harden (’20) recalls coming in as a freshman being timid, but bonded instantly with DeLuzio. “She has such a great personality,” Harden said. “I definitely bonded with her and we have gotten closer and closer every year.
DeLuzio travels to Pennsylvania three times a week for Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball practice. AAU is a competitive club program that competes year-round. With this type of schedule on top of school work, DeLuzio said “it keeps [her] pretty busy.” She definitely cannot waste a single second of her time.
Competing in the off-season has allowed her to bring new skills to the Hereford basketball program. “She loves the game and works to improve her game in the off-season,” Fitzkee said.
Fitzkee expects her to be one of the best players in the conference this season.