Spring concert showcase

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring concert showcase

Music Department Chair Janet Sovich dresses like a swashbuckler and uses a sword as a baton. Orchestra performed “At World Ends” from the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean’s”.

Photo provided by Nicole Burkoski

Photo provided by Nicole Burkoski

Photo provided by Nicole Burkoski

Nicole Burkoski, Reporter

On Thursday, April 26 the Spring Concert showcased the concert, chamber orchestra, chorale, and chamber choir. Demonstrating what all the students have accomplished this year, Joe Jira called the concert “one of the finest performances,” out of all he has seen.

The concert was in the school auditorium and moved fast yet entertained the audience as Music Department Chair Janet Sovich, dressed like a swashbuckler and wielded a sword as a baton for Pirates of the Caribbean’s “At World Ends”.

Since “At World Ends” originally debuted in 2007 and was part of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, the orchestra carried out the pirate theme.

Also performing “I Don’t Feel No Ways Tired” both students and teachers preformed at “an all-time high” Jira said.

Giving credit to others that contributed to the production, Jira praised both Sovich and Music teacher David Sobel as well as the Fine Arts Department: Dance teacher Erin Norton and Theatre teacher Chris Rose.