Why Ben Simmons is the next LeBron

Max Herbkersman, Reporter

In 2015, a six-foot-eight-inch teenager made the pilgrimage from Australia to Baton Rouge Louisiana to play basketball for the LSU tigers.

Coming out of high school, Ben Simmons was said to be the greatest raw talent since the legendary LeBron James. Many were skeptical, but after his rookie season in the NBA, I’m trusting the process and I’ve bought a one way ticket on the Simmons train.

Simmons is now six-foot ten, two inches taller than James. Simmons also plays point guard, one of the biggest to play the position since Laker great Magic Johnson.

As the NBA regular season winds down, Simmons has lead one of the formerly worst teams in the NBA to the post season. The Philadelphia 76ers will make the playoffs for the first time since the 2011-2012 season, and have won 50 games for the first time since the 2001-2002 season.

This season Simmons is the clear cut rookie of the year favorite. He is averaging 16 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists as a rookie. The kid isn’t even 22. In his first season he’s already managed to turn around an NBA franchise and put up impressive numbers.

Simmons above all is confident in his game, and confidence is key. Currently LeBron James is the greatest player on the Planet, but when father time catches up with LeBron James, the Prince of Philly will take the throne as king.