SADD club hosts food drive

Photo by Maggy McGuigan

Lila Carroll (’18) and fellow members of SADD club discuss upcoming January topic of eating disorders and record ideas of how to spread awareness about the issue during their weekly meeting on Dec. 20.

Maggy McGuigan, Reporter

Members of the Students Against Destructive Decisions club discuss the importance of making thoughtful and healthy choices during high school. Recently, members have put together a food drive and collected goods like canned/boxed food, hygiene products, and other items to donate to people in need.

In past years, SADD club has hosted assemblies at the school where people talk about their drug and alcohol addictions to emphasize the dangers of it, “Which we plan on doing again,” said SADD club president, Flannery Supplee (’18). “Also, we want to do more [events] before prom like raise awareness for drunk driving.”
Members have recently put together a food drive and collected goods like canned/boxed food, hygiene products, and other items to donate to people in need.

During meetings students address a different issue every month including abusive relationships, bullying, mental health, distracted driving and other topics that are common among high schoolers.

“It’s a really helpful club and it can spread awareness for things people don’t really know about,” said Chloe Speno (’21). “[SADD club] has let me meet new people and learn about new things.”

From, alcohol and violence to mental health services, SADD club strives to make the lives of young people better. Hoping to empower high schoolers to successfully confront the risks and pressures that face them, SADD club encourages all students to participate in the discussions that occur during their meetings.