The student news site of Hereford High School

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

Mrs. Fucile retires after 37 years

Chad McCartin

Mrs. Carolyn Fucile, who joined the Hereford High School faculty in 1976 after having taught at Dulaney and Pikesville High Schools, is retiring this June. She graduated from Syracuse University in which she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master of Arts degree in American Studies.

Mrs. Fucile has taught for over three decades at Hereford High School, and is the Social Studies Department Chair and serves as the SAT Coordinator.

Mrs. Fucile is known for being one of the stricter teachers in the building, and some people admire that.

Nick Unitas (11) said she was “pretty strict, but was a great teacher.”

“She’s incredibly dedicated to her job. She is a fierce defender of her department and she fights for her person; that is the most important quality in a department chair. She is the quintessential professional,” said English teacher Mrs. Michelle Vance.

Her work in the building has made a great impact, according to Physical Education teacher Mr. John Walter, who said, “Her work ethic, drive, and wisdom have greatly benefitted others around her.”