The student news site of Hereford High School

Hereford Harbinger

• Add us on Snapchat! @hharbinger

• Follow us on Instagram! @HHarbinger

• Follow us on Twitter! @HHarbinger

Brillig releases 2017 literary magazine

The+cover+of+Brillig%27s+2017+literary+magazine%2C+Ars+Poetica%3A+Our+World+in+Words%2C+features+art+by+Hereford+students.+The+magazine+was+released+on+May+23.+
The cover of Brillig's 2017 literary magazine, Ars Poetica: Our World in Words, features art by Hereford students. The magazine was released on May 23.

Photo by Emma Coleman

Photo by Emma Coleman

Emma Coleman, Editor-in-Chief

The evening of May 23 at the Hereford Public Library was one of poetry, applause, and cake. At 6:30 p.m. Brillig hosted an open mike event on the upper floor of the library in order to celebrate the release of this year’s literary magazine, Ars Poetica: Our World in Words.

On the walls of the library were photos and compositions published in the magazine, creating a gallery-like setting. Brillig adviser and English teacher Lisa Sopher welcomed the audience, and then students who had been published in the magazine had the opportunity to read poems, prose, and short stories that they had written in front of a small crowd of parents, friends, and Hereford High alumni. Also in attendance were English Department Chair Tracy Hanley and Principal Joe Jira. The night ended with a reading from Brillig Editor-in-Chief Brie Nabet (’18) and some cake.

There are very few copies of Ars Poetica still available, so contact Lisa Sopher soon if interested.