The student news site of Hereford High School

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

Hereford Harbinger

Trendy bangs infringe on students’ Spring styles

Emma Bowen

Bangs are coming back in style; Michelle Obama premiered her new

Photo by Chad McCartinKarina Smolyuk (12) sports the newest trend in hair: bangs. She decided to get a change and try the popular Spring style after her friend Alex Giacomazza (12) showcased her own fringe.
    Photo by Chad McCartin
    Karina Smolyuk (12) sports the newest trend in hair: bangs. She decided to get a change and try the popular Spring style after her friend Alex Giacomazza (12) showcased her own fringe.

look at the inauguration, Rachel Zoe took the Mercedes Benz fashion week by storm with them, and Jessica Biel has been sporting them for most of the year so far.

Even though lots of celebrities and A-Listers have them, it’s a look anyone can pull off. They compliment your eyes, and accent your cheekbones, and give you an instant makeover without sacrificing hair length. But the perfect “bang shape” must be cut to flatter your face.

Round face: Like Jennifer Hudson, a gently arching fringe wJenniferHudsonould compliment your features. They can make a circular face look even fuller though, so the right cut is key. When you go to your stylist ask for a graphic curved shape and be sure the bangs are thick. It will compliment your bone structure.

Heart-Shaped face: A heart -shaped face can be a little bit toReeseWitherspoonp heavy so side swept bangs have a balancing effect and draws attention to your eyes, like Reese Witherspoon. Ask for layered, feathered side bangs. The shortest pieces should hit the arch of your eye brow and the longest should meet the corner of your eye.

Oval Face: Any fringe works with an oval face like JessicaJessicaAlba Alba’s, but airy pin -straight ones accentuate the prettiest parts of the face without being too bulky. Ask for bangs that hit between the brow and the eyelash and are longer on the edges.

JenniferGarner  Square Face: Like Jennifer Garner, you have angular features. Since your goal is to soften your angled features, the best bangs for you are long side-swept bangs that graze your eyebrows. They should hit just before the brow but be longer on the sides.

Karina Smolyuk (12) was inspired to get bangs when she saw that Alex Giacomazza (12) had them. “I cut mine because I wanted a change, it’s senior year and all,” Karina stated. She says she will “definitely keep them for a while” because they “accentuate [her] eyes and face. It’s a new look that [she] can’t wait to rock in college.”

Bangs are a great look on anyone. You can have a new, fresh look just in time for spring if you get the right cut for your face shape.